Welcome to our research group website, led by Dr. Elinor Martin – Assistant Professor and Associate Director for Undergraduate Studies in the School of Meteorology at the University of Oklahoma. Our research aims to further our knowledge of climate, climate variability and weather-climate interactions, with a focus on precipitation. This is accomplished through the use of observations and model simulations to provide a means to increase our understanding of essential mechanisms and processes across the globe, but with a focus on regions surrounding the Tropical Atlantic and the United States.
Our research interests include the following areas:
- Variability of precipitation at multiple scales
- Precipitation extremes, both wet and dry
- Interaction of weather and climate
- Representation of climate variability and change in climate models
- Caribbean and African precipitation variability and change
Please take some time to explore the website and find out more about the group members, the research we do and the classes offered by Dr. Martin at OU in the School of Meteorology.
120 David L. Boren Blvd, Suite 5900
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma
Norman, Oklahoma, USA 73072
Office Phone: 405 325 7392
Office: NWC 5642